Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Photographic Proof

OR
How I Almost Lost Our Photographer TOO

You would think that after almost losing the reception site I would have learned.
-_-* But noooo.

One blistering hot day in late June (I think it was the last week of June...) I went to Lincoln to meet up with K and go chit chat with Allison Garrett Photography (I think her website is down at the moment--I think she's making a new one?). I'd found her online and I really liked her mix of candids and portaits. Lovely lighting, no trite poses, sounds good to me. Allison is a total sweetheart, and we had a great talk with her. K and I ultimately decided that, even without meeting anyone else, we wanted to take the jump on this and book her for our wedding.

Well...*cough* What with one thing and another, I didn't actually get around to booking Allison until August 28th. I know, I know. Terrible. I called Allison to double check that our date was still open, and thank god I did. She'd recently had another couple calling to inquire about the same weekend. I was like GAH! But out loud, I very professionally assured her that we would like to book her services and that I was putting the check and the contract in the mail that very day (K was on a rotation elsewhere and I couldn't call him to have him run over with this deposit. darn ^_^). Thankfully it all worked out and we have Allison booked, our deposit paid, and both Allison and I have signed the contract. But I am very disapointed in myself for AGAIN almost letting a wedding vendor we want slip through my procrastinor fingers. Srsly. I shake my head at myself.

Maybe I'll learn and won't let this happen again? Surely...

No comments: