Thursday, April 15, 2010

Rosette Pew Decorations

MohJo is the best. ^_^ She has kindly volunteered to create simple fabric rosettes and attach them to wide navy ribbons to drape over the end of the pews. Fairly easy to make, fairly cheap, incredibly simple put up/take down = my kind of pew decor. My mom is going to kill me, though, when she realizes that the ceremony will see real, fabric AND paper flowers. ^_^ The idea came from WeddingBee--I remember a bee posting about having the idea to make these after seeing so many pretty flower belts on dresses recently, but I don't remember who it was or know if she actually decided to make them. I hope she did!
Here are some pics MohJo sent me before sending the ribbon to me. Trust me when I say that the crossed ribbon looks better when it's hung on something broader--it lays much better then than when hanging on something narrow.

Made with scraps of white fabric. We'll use yellow and white ribbon for the final version so there won't be any frayed edges and they'll be a bit more uniform. Ahh, so excited. ^_^

No comments: